Creating an access code is an easy way for you to allow access to someone, and keep track of when they enter your unit.
- The availability of codes and timeframe may differ depending on your community guidelines.
- If you have a Common Area Access or Perimeter Access system installed in your community that is integrated with airEkey, the guest access codes you create will automatically grant access to those common areas/perimeter doors as well.
To create an access code:
1. Tap access from the bottom menu. You will see a list of your existing access codes.
2. Tap the + button in the top right corner to add a new access code.
3. Select whether you would like this code to be Temporary, Recurring, Permanent or Delivery. Not all properties enable these options. Learn about the different types of access codes.
4. Fill in the information of the guest who will use this code. (Name, Email and/or Phone) If the code is temporary or recurring you will be prompted to set a schedule with a date, time, and designated days (if recurring).
Once you have completed the steps to create your new access code, the new code will show up in your list of access codes and should work on the lock within a couple of minutes. If the code does not work once you've created it, please contact our support team for further assistance.
NOTE: The link to view the guest code will expire after 30 minutes from when the code is created. If you or your guest is not able to view the code within those 30 minutes then you will need to request a new link to view the code.
If you have any additional questions, please contact our support team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org